[HECnet] Can we hook this up to a VAX or something?

hvlems at zonnet.nl hvlems at zonnet.nl
Tue Aug 23 19:19:47 PDT 2011

The PDP-11/40 in the lab also had a TU56. When I wanted to copy between RK05 packs I ran RT-11 from DECtape.   The TU56 was/is block addressable and behaves like a disk. Like the TU58, which was in all other respects pretty much a disaster. The total amount of time spent waiting by 750 and 730 system managers during a VMS upgrade must be staggering. Definitely a low point for the hardware designers. Was I glad that the 750 eventually learned to boot directly off an RA device!
Verzonden vanaf mijn draadloze BlackBerry  -toestel