[HECnet] Downloading software to a DECSERVER 200 over MOP?

Kari Uusim ki uusimaki at exdecfinland.org
Sun Aug 14 15:15:30 PDT 2011

Sorry, the file protection was too restrictive.
It's fixed now.

Kari

On 14.8.2011 16:28, Kari Uusim  ki wrote:

Yes, that's it.

Kari

On 14.8.2011 16:24, Sampsa Laine wrote:
Ah and now I just need to copy the file from Kari's box?

Sampsa

On 14 Aug 2011, at 14:21, Kari Uusim  ki wrote:

Well, first you enable downline loading on your Ethernet adapter
(EWA0 or which one you have on your machine) with LANCP.

LANCP> SET DEVICE EWA0 /DLL=ENABLE

Then you define your DECSERVER, its MAC address (which is written on
a label on the DECSERVER) and the needed image in LANCP so that it
can respond to the downline loading requests received from your
DECSERVER.

LANCP> DEFINE NODE DS200/ADDRESS=08-00-2B-11-22-33 /FILE=PR0801ENG.SYS

Then you just power on your DECSERVER and wait a few minutes that it
has done all selftests and downloaded the image.

You can follow the downline loading on your Alpha console.

Was the explanation understandable?

Kari