[HECnet] Any interest in Alpha software/documentation from March 2003?

Marc Chametzky marc at bluevine.net
Thu Dec 1 20:05:01 PST 2011

My vote would be to put them online within HECnet.

I agree! Put the contents online (somehow) for us to view and use when possible.

Okay, I'll do that then. I've copied the CDs to .iso files and now need to get my Linux system to get a bit more room to hold them and then once that's reconfigured, I'll mount them on DUSTY:: (and send out a message when that's done to let everyone know where it is).

I will happily rip and host the CD images for HECnet member use - I run a data center, so I have plenty of bandwidth to spare. I'll even pay for shipping if required.

Thanks very much for the offer, Ian, but I've got a very decent Internet connection here (all hail, Verizon FiOS :-) ), so once I resize my Linux disk to hold these files, I'll be set.

--Marc