[HECnet] Circuit costs

Johnny Billquist bqt at softjar.se
Thu Dec 29 15:07:10 PST 2011

On 2011-12-27 15.59, Bob Armstrong wrote:
Peter Lothberg wrote:
Here is a suggestion....

Set all Multinet links to cost 5 in both ends
Set all bridged Ethernet interfaces to 10
Set all Multinet link nodes Level2 Area Routers

    Well, I like it.   I'll do it if you do it...

    Actually that's a problem with DECnet - everybody _has_ to do their own;
circuit costs are individually defined per node.

I think it makes sense as well, as ethernet segments can't really separate costs for different next hops.
Might as well make them expensive so that ptp links are preferred when possible.