[HECnet] Circuit costs

Brian Hechinger wonko at 4amlunch.net
Wed Dec 28 12:00:35 PST 2011

On 12/28/2011 12:38 PM, Steve Davidson wrote:
I agree!   It certainly makes sense to use LEGATO as the other US hub.
It is on the other side of the country and has similar characteristics -
namely Multinet and bridge connections, plus static IP address(es).

I would also like to offer up RIFTER if needed. The caveat there is that until I get new batteries for my one UPS the host that RIFTER runs on can be unstable due to power blips. Not that they happen often.

I hope to get SUN up and running sometime soon as well as that has better overall internet connectivity as well as UPS/generator backup as it's in a proper datacenter.

If it matters, connectivity is as follows:

Home - 60mbit down, 6mbit up, static IP
Colo - 100mbit down, 100mbit up, static IP

-brian