[HECnet] DCL Help needed

Brian Hechinger wonko at 4amlunch.net
Thu Dec 29 17:50:25 PST 2011

On Dec 29, 2011, at 16:52, "H Vlems" <hvlems at zonnet.nl> wrote:

.eqs. compares two strings for an exact match. It is case sensitive and thus
surprisingly strict for an OS that seems to do uppercase only...

Good to know. Being a unix guy I probably would have assumed case sensitivity. :)

What is regex??

Regular Expressions. A pain in the ass to learn but totally worth it.

Circuit names for ethernet device are DDD-N
DDCMP (serial lines), CI and DSSI devices are DD-N-M
Where D is a letter and N and M are digits.

Ok, so I see a trend here. All circuit names have a dash in them. That's how I was going to filter them out but I think I found a better way.

Thanks!!

-brian