[HECnet] ROOSTA routing problem

Chrissie Caulfield christine.caulfield at googlemail.com
Tue Dec 27 02:43:14 PST 2011

On 26/12/2011 18:39, Mark Benson wrote:
On 26 Dec 2011, at 16:00, Bob Armstrong wrote:

I assumed (perhaps stupidly) that as long as Chrissie's machines are
bridged onto HECnet somewhere using Johnny's bridge,
She's not using the bridge, though.   ROOSTA has a multinet connection to
LEGATO (which I don't mind, but as Johnny said, isn't going to work).
Okay, well STAR69 has Multinet on it but as for tunnelling between them
I ain't got a clue, chief, and again I can't guarantee 100% uptime on the
link if it is opened.

So can you set up a multinet link to chrissie.homelinux.net (warning IP
address may change ... though it doesn't do it very often and Steve
Davidson can let you know when it does) and let me know your IP address
and I'll set up a multinet link here. That should do.

If it does down sometimes we'll just have to live with the consequences ;-)

Chrissie