[HECnet] ROOSTA routing problem

Johnny Billquist bqt at softjar.se
Mon Dec 26 13:30:29 PST 2011

On 2011-12-26 17.00, Bob Armstrong wrote:
I assumed (perhaps stupidly) that as long as Chrissie's machines are
bridged onto HECnet somewhere using Johnny's bridge,

    She's not using the bridge, though.   ROOSTA has a multinet connection to
LEGATO (which I don't mind, but as Johnny said, isn't going to work).

If ROOSTA isn't an area router, then there is absolutely no point in having links to other areas.
If a machine is an area router, it makes sense, but only if the link leads to another machine that also is an area router for that other area.

It is perfectly fine to have several links between various areas.