[HECnet] Multinet Tunnel Links defined

Peter Coghlan HECNET at beyondthepale.ie
Thu Dec 22 09:06:09 PST 2011

Were you able to verify that the new address works? ...

  Yes, with
  $ mul sho/nosym
and I turned TCPAn on itself and circuit displayed correct node on
the other end :)
--

I can also confirm that this works. I'm well used to changing Multinet
interface ip addresses and other Multinet parameters on production systems

I set up a DECnet-over-IP link between CEIRE and CHEKOV and turned off the
SVA-0 circuit on CHEKOV. I made sure that the only DECnet connectivity was
over the IP link. Then I changed CHEKOVs ip address, reconfigured
DECnet-over-IP and re-established the link. I was then able to SET HOST
across the link. No reboot required.

It took me a while because CHEKOV, my VAX 2000 would not co-operate. However,
after a good shaking, the RD54 spun up and it booted.

Regards,
Peter Coghlan.
BTP::PETER