[HECnet] Integrating with the Italian network.

Johnny Billquist bqt at softjar.se
Tue Dec 20 04:53:15 PST 2011

On 2011-12-20 13:47, Rok Vidmar wrote:
GORVAX:: is closer to you then SG1::.   I would start there.
Contact Sampsa.   If he can not handle it then you may
connect to SG1:: - just send me your IP address.

      I am connecting to GORVAX:: from 193.2.191.211. Is
  DECnet hello timer (in seconds) 300 OK in HECnet?
      I plan to connect to SG1:: from 193.2.191.212.

Hmm. I wonder... I think that the hello timers can be anything. It just affects how often you send hello messages, and indirectly then affects how long it takes for you to notice if your link goes down. But I should check this up... But that is what I think I remember. So, what you set your hello timer to does not affect, nor require anyone else to care. It's your choice, causing effects for you.