[HECnet] NOTES et al

Fred fcoffey at misernet.net
Wed Jul 20 15:55:57 PDT 2011

Hi all

Now that I've got my mail issues squared away, I did want to note (ha) that if anyone wants to carry on off-topic stuff in a NOTES fashion, feel free to add MISER::HECNET_OFF to your notebook.

A list->notes gateway I would need help with, although I would think a gateway would not be needed since the point is to move certain discussions off-list.

Regardless, it's there if folks want to use it.   MISER:: is up 24/7 barring hardware problems or if the power goes out and I'm not around to fire up the generator before the batteries give out.

Cheers,

Fred

----
Lets call it for what it is - "legacy" is a term that people use in a
polite but derogatory manner to imply that the future direction they
prefer is not that which they view as the current direction.