[HECnet] DECnet et al

Peter Lothberg roll at Stupi.SE
Sun Jul 17 19:22:53 PDT 2011

But HECnet as a whole is not connected to this segment...

  I thought the majority of it was...     There are a few people, like me, who
are using Multinet but only a few cases.   I thought pretty much everything
was bridged.

  [FWIW, Multinet tunnels a point-to-point DECnet link, essentially like a
DDCMP link, over UDP.   For that you really need to have a router at either
end to pass traffic for other machines on either LAN.]

Bob

Johnny,

If you can make a DECnet router, (l3...) or make the Internet look like point-to-point
(ddcmp) links, it would work 'better'. As sending all areas as 'rip
vectors' every second is not'usefull'.

And I'm offline, as I only speak Multinet and Decnet in GRE... (and
takes for endpoints?)

-P