[HECnet] Area configuration

hvlems at zonnet.nl hvlems at zonnet.nl
Fri Jul 15 23:25:33 PDT 2011

You always need one area router to connect to nodes outside your area.
With one exception: on a lan with no decnet routers present, nodes can connect irrespective what area tjey're in.
So you need the bridge program AND an area router for yet another decnet node to see all the others.
If your vax is the area router (try mc ncp sho exeec char) does the alpha connect to the vax?