[HECnet] VMS on zx6000 - argh?

MG marcogb at xs4all.nl
Thu Jul 7 23:47:18 PDT 2011

On 8-7-2011 0:15, Mark Benson wrote:
Well I got my new disks today so I decided to throw VMS at my zx6000. No go.

Boots okay from DVD-ROM but barfs instantly reporting:

Unable to identify primary console device

You must select a console input device from the boot manager menu

I have checked and the USB port is selected as the Console Input Device. The keyboard works fine. I don't understand... :(

For the zx6000/rx2600 there's unfortunately no 'glass terminal' (only the rx2620
has that, since it supports newer firmware).   That means you can't actually see
what's going on via your monitor, as if it were a 'graphics terminal' (in SRM
terms).   So, you'll have to connect to it through the iLO/MP (if present, I'm
not sure if these were available for the zx6000) or else simply the serial port.

- MG