[HECnet] SCA disks...

Mark Wickens mark at wickensonline.co.uk
Tue Jul 5 17:13:57 PDT 2011

On 05/07/11 17:08, Mark Benson wrote:
On the subject if lacking any decent SCA drives, anyone got any *quiet* 36GB or 72GB SCAs lying around they could part with?

I've kept a watch on eBay for new SCA drives for a while now, and put a low bid in every now and again. I find that drives in specific enclosures for storage arrays, servers, etc. are the best bet and for some reason people don't seem to realise the drive in the enclosure is the same as if bought separate.

I stick to HP or Compaq drives and *always* check the drives are sealed and secured - I've had too many incidents buying 'new' drives that turned out to be far from it.

Good luck!

Mark.