[HECnet] So who's looking forward to all the cheap second-hand Itanium gear that will soon be flooding the market?

Mark Wickens mark at wickensonline.co.uk
Tue Jul 5 15:57:40 PDT 2011

On 05/07/11 15:23, Sampsa Laine wrote:
Is your zx6000 crazy noisy as well? My rx2600 (RHESUS, btw, on HECnet) sounds like a freaking jet engine..

Sampsa

On 5 Jul 2011, at 15:15, Mark Benson wrote:

I strongly suspect that's one reason I got my zx6000 so cheap. Itanium is about to become an ex-technology I suspect!

Incidentally, if anyone comes across front, top and side covers and the steel pedestal stand for a zx6000 I need them.

--
Mark Benson

http://markbenson.org/blog
http://twitter.com/MDBenson
The ZX6000 has the 'Office Friendly' option installed by default which makes it a lot quieter than the RX2600...