[HECnet] SIMH VAX Project

Sampsa Laine sampsa at mac.com
Mon Jul 4 19:11:53 PDT 2011

On GORVAX, Multinet's SSHD takes about 2-3 mins to get through the login. Using SSH2. SSH1 was a bit faster but is not exactly secure.

Sampsa

On 4 Jul 2011, at 19:10, Mark Wickens wrote:

On 04/07/2011 19:04, Peter Coghlan wrote:
I don't think that Compaq have any version of SSH for VMS om VAX, but I haven't checked if anything was shipped after 7.3.
There are other options, though. tcpware comes to mine.
I was thinking TCPWare too - seems to be the only reference I can find   to SSH on 7.3.

Doesn't Multinet also provide SSH on VAX? It's definately there in the Alpha version.

Regards,
Peter Coghlan.
Yes, SSH works on the VAX, although each login takes a little while to kick in.
There is a patch which needed to be applied if I remember correctly.

Mark.