[HECnet] Introduction

Mark Wickens mark at wickensonline.co.uk
Fri Jun 17 12:00:12 PDT 2011

On 17/06/11 11:55, Mark Benson wrote:
Even if you don't recreate the   license database every year, as far as I can see the license file is just a (DCL?) script that runs 'LICENSE REGISTER' for each License you are granted. 5 mins and a decent editor and you could easily create one to rip out each license by name too, right? Can LICENSE do that? I think it can IIRC.

IIRC the issue is when you start getting multiple licenses for the same product name, as you then have to differentiate them by application date/expired status.

There was a DCL procedure on either comp.os.vms or VMS Hobbyist site which you could run against any database and it would remove all expired licenses. That's the lazy approach. I like it ;)

Mark.