[HECnet] Introduction

Mark Benson md.benson at gmail.com
Thu Jun 16 21:14:36 PDT 2011

Well I'm stuck now. I couldn't get my Licenses to validate during install so I skipped that part and put them in later. I put in the base license for OPENVMS-ALPHA and rebooted the machine. Now I am presented with a DECwindows login screen (which is some welcome progress) and I can't log in because I get the 'LMF license check has failed' error (no DECwindows license??).

If I could get out to a command-line terminal I can input some more licenses but, unlike any other CDE/Motif system I've used before the 'Options' menu has no 'Command Line Login' option.

Is there a boot flag from the SRM console or a special keystroke command I can issue, or any other method to get me to a command line?

Also does anyone know which licenses I will need to enter and operate the DECwindows 1.6 environment?

--
Mark Benson

My Blog:
<http://markbenson.org/blog>