[HECnet] SIMH VAX Project

Mark Wickens mark at wickensonline.co.uk
Thu Jun 30 09:38:45 PDT 2011

On 30/06/11 09:36, Mark Benson wrote:
Also was going to ask (sorry for the e-mail flood) if on attaching ra0 to SIMH will it take the port over or co-exist on a separate IP address? I'd Ideally like to be able to SSH both the VAX and the Linux sides of the box.

As far as I know you'll need a separate ethernet device available which can be dedicated to SIMH. Otherwise you're into running SIMH in a VM.

I bought a USB->RJ45 Ethernet adapter for my Atom box a while back with the intention of providing a connection for SIMH, but I haven't got round to investigating why it doesn't work (I've only plugged it in so far).

Regards, Mark.