[HECnet] Disassembling DEC C routines

Paul Koning paul_koning at dell.com
Sun Mar 13 17:39:12 PDT 2011

On Mar 13, 2011, at 8:21 PM, Peter Coghlan wrote:

Purely out of interest, how would I diassemble a DEC C routine on
VAX/VMS? Can I use DEBUG to do this?

Yes, you can use DEBUG for this.

Better still, use the public domain DISM32 by Andrew Pavlin. I can't remember
where I got it but even if it is not on the freeware cds, it should not be too
difficult to locate it. If not, I can provide a copy. If you don't get a
compiled version, you need a FORTRAN compiler to build it.

Something else that might work: the GNU tools may either be able to process VMS format files, or be talked into converting it to something they can handle.   If so, you could use objdump or gdb to look at the bits in question.

	paul