[HECnet] Linux dropping support for DECnet

Zane H. Healy healyzh at aracnet.com
Wed Nov 30 17:26:10 PST 2011

With SIMH your best bet is TOPS-10.   The Panda (MRC's updated TOPS-20) distribution requires KLH10 and I believe includes a slightly newer version than is otherwise available.   I've never messed with the Panda distro, but have done my own installs.

I've never had DECnet running on TOPS-20, but did have it working on TOPS-10 7.04 thanks to a kit I got somewhere.   I really liked the LAT support, since it allowed me to connect with a VT420.   SIMH doesn't support Networking, but KLH10 does.   My emulated TOPS-20 system was running TCP/IP, but I haven't had it online in years.

Zane