[HECnet] Windows Version of Bridge

Gregg Levine gregg.drwho8 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 20 01:25:49 PST 2011

On Sun, Nov 20, 2011 at 4:21 AM, Rob Jarratt
<robert.jarratt at ntlworld.com> wrote:
I just wanted to let you know that I have ported the bridge code to Windows.
It seems to work well for me. If anyone is interested in a copy, let me
know.

I think that it needs just a little bit more work to do the following:

1.           Tidy up some bits that I almost certainly left behind while trying
to get it to work.

2.           Turn it into a Windows Service so that it starts automatically when
Windows starts.

Another feature which would be nice to add generally is something which
periodically re-resolves the DNS names in the config file to IP addresses,
so that people who use something like DynDNS because they don   t have a fixed
IP address, can use it more easily and not fall off the network for too long
when their IP address changes. Presumably calling the SIGHUP handler
(read_conf) every so often would do the trick.

It would also be nice to make the code a bit more portable so that it will
compile and run on more platforms without modification, a bit like SIMH.

Regards

Rob

Hello!
That's amazing Rob. Truly amazing. I've been stuck at that place found
in that cave adventure game, because I can't seem to figure out a
working method to connect something appropriate to the networking
setup that the list discusses.

Of course the next step for me, would be to setup something
appropriate...... Well maybe soon.
-----
Gregg C Levine gregg.drwho8 at gmail.com