[HECnet] RHESUS

Johnny Billquist bqt at softjar.se
Wed Nov 9 05:58:06 PST 2011

On 2011-11-09 02.27, Saku Set  l   wrote:
I tried from GORVAX and it breaks the same way..

MAISA::SYSTEM$ dir gorvax::

Directory GORVAX::SYS$SPECIFIC:[FAL$SERVER]

MNENG1.SYS;1               MNENG2.SYS;1               NETSERVER.LOG;75
  NETSERVER.LOG;74
NETSERVER.LOG;73       NETSERVER.LOG;72       NETSERVER.LOG;71
  NETSERVER.LOG;70
PR0801ENG.SYS;1         PS0801ENG.SYS;1         SH1601ENG.SYS;1         WWENG1.SYS;1

Total of 12 files.

copy/log GORVAX::SYS$SPECIFIC:[FAL$SERVER]*.*.* []
%COPY-E-READERR, error reading GORVAX::SYS$SPECIFIC:[FAL$SERVER]MNENG1.SYS;1
-RMS-F-SYS, QIO system service request failed
-SYSTEM-F-LINKEXIT, network partner exited
%COPY-W-NOTCMPLT, GORVAX::SYS$SPECIFIC:[FAL$SERVER]MNENG1.SYS;1 not
completely copied
%COPY-E-CLOSEIN, error closing
GORVAX::SYS$SPECIFIC:[FAL$SERVER]MNENG1.SYS;1 as input
-RMS-F-WBE, error on write behind
-SYSTEM-F-LINKABORT, network partner aborted logical link

I just tried transferring a file from GORVAX to MIM, and it worked fine.
(Pulled SH1601ENG.SYS, just to test...)

Thinking a little more, I wonder if the problem could partially be that RHESUS might be running on gigabit ethernet, while GORVAX might be a 10 Mbit ethernet, unless it's a simulated VAX.

Thus, you can get into a state where packets are dropped along the way at several places. Both the local network, UDP, the bridge, the remote network, as well as the routers themself.

Sampsa could perhaps tell a little more about what the actual setup is at his end?