[HECnet] Nodename database

Oleg Safiullin form at pdp-11.org.ru
Sat Nov 12 07:53:53 PST 2011

Johnny Billquist wrote:
On 2011-11-12 16.41, Oleg Safiullin wrote:
Huh. At what point? That should not happen. I don't see anything like
that when I try to log in as guest...

Just got the same error when i tried to log in as guest using SET HOST.
No problems for telnet login.
[...]
Oh! Darn! I bet I know what the problem is with that... The normal terminal driver only requires read access to the buffer that is used to write to the terminal. The RT: device driver, which is what is used for the CTERM, probably wants write access, even though it will only read from the buffer.
And then PIP (which is what TYPE invokes) does a QIO from a memory buffer that is read only... Not sure I can do anything to fix that... :-(
I'll test and check some more...
(I consider the write access check a bug in the device driver, and I've stumbled on it before when writing my own code...)
      Johnny

Looks like even GCML doesn't work...

--
$ pip

PIP -- Get Command Line - I/O Error

$ flx

FLX -- I/O error on command input

$ run $mac
RT0>
      RT0 -- Command I/O error
$
--

No problems on CTAKAH.

--
$ sh ter
RT0:       [GUEST]         [377,377] 12-NOV-11 22:50     1             A. GUEST
$