[HECnet] Multinet NAMED

Marc Chametzky marc at bluevine.net
Mon Oct 31 13:22:05 PDT 2011

0000011E NAMED_SERVER       LEF           5         6510     0 00:00:00.84           2792     1700

What intrigues me is the NAMED process? Is this the DNS interface for other apps on CHIMPY, or is it an actual DNS server?

If the latter, how do I turn it off? MULTINET CONFIG/SERVER doesn't have an entry for it?

I believe that it is a caching DNS server used for client DNS queries.

I think that you can find it in MULTINET CONFIG/SERVER under "DOMAINNAME".

--Marc