[HECnet] DIMMs for a DS10 ?

Zane H. Healy healyzh at aracnet.com
Wed Oct 26 22:51:30 PDT 2011

I don't know about the DS10, but in my PWS 433au, and my XP1000's I just used generic server RAM.   The RAM in the PWS was pretty far out of spec, and I never had a problem.   Same thing with my AlphaStation 200's and DEC 3000/300LX.   As long as you can get parity RAM that fits, and is close to spec, odds are pretty good it will work.

Then there is my **** Alphastation 500/333 I bought from Compaq with only 96Mb of RAM.   Over a decade later, it still only has 96Mb of RAM.   I got a good deal on the PWS 433au, it and the RAM were cheaper than what it would have cost to get the AS 500/333 up to a usable amount of RAM.   Who me, bitter?   :-(

Zane