[HECnet] Current VMS installations

Sampsa Laine sampsa at mac.com
Mon Oct 10 21:33:13 PDT 2011

I think Royal Holloway (Uni. London) still uses a pair of 4100s for student registration and print management.

That was a few years ago though.

On 10 Oct 2011, at 21:30, Mark Wickens wrote:

On 10/10/11 17:43, MG wrote:
On 10-10-2011 17:49, Mark Wickens wrote:
Randomly   found this site: http://vms.cc.wmich.edu/www/openvms.html

Nice example of VMS still out in the wild...

What do you mean by 'still'?

- MG

I was talking to someone at the DEC Legacy event about the erosion of DEC kit in Universities and Colleges after Microsoft's anti-trust law suit the settlement of which required Microsoft to give away copies of Windows.

DEC didn't follow suit.