[HECnet] DCL based phone directory utility...

Johnny Billquist bqt at softjar.se
Tue Oct 11 00:28:08 PDT 2011

On 2011-10-11 00.48, Mark Wickens wrote:
I'm working on a DCL script to produce a phone directory on SLAVE.

It's coming on nicely, but I'm a bit perplexed by one line in the
example PHONEDIR.COM script.

Can anyone tell me what the significance of the "=29" is on this line:

$ open/read/write slave 'node'"29="

PHONE is known object #29.

.ncp sho kno obj

Known objects summary as of 11-OCT-11 01:26:12

Object   Name       Copies   User         Verification

0                             Single   Default   Off
15           TCL...   Single   Default   On
16           LSN$$$   5             Default   Off
17           FAL$$$   8             Login       On
18           HLD...   Single   Default   Off
19           NIC$$$   5             Default   Inspect
23           RMHACP   Single   Default   Off
25           MIR$$$   5             Default   Off
26           EVR$$$   5             Default   Off
27           MAL$$$   8             Default   Off
29           PHO$$$   5             Default   Off
42           RTH         Single   Default   Off
63           DTR...   Single   Default   Off

Objects are somewhat similar to known ports in TCP/IP.