[HECnet] DS10 fucked - 3 beeps. Any ideas?

Peter Coghlan HECNET at beyondthepale.ie
Sat Sep 17 11:33:59 PDT 2011

So I just had my DS10 perfectly configured but on its side, and it fell over.

Now it just gives me 3 beeps.

If it's like other alphas, there are different beep sequences that mean
different things and the meanings of some of the more common ones are listed
in the manual.

What do I do, disassemble the whole thing and reseat the RAM or what?

Given what happened, that sounds like a good idea. Also check for connections
that have come loose and for any damage.

If you have a graphics card fitted but no keyboard or mouse plugged in, this
can cause some alphas to beep on startup, but they generally ignore the
problem and continue on booting.

Regards,
Peter Coghlan.