[HECnet] Satellite configuration/NCP crash

Mark Wickens mark at wickensonline.co.uk
Thu Sep 15 21:08:39 PDT 2011

Hi,

I'm happy to report that the issues with the MOP configuration were fixed by Hans suggestion to make the configuration changes to the permanent database then rebooting.

The satellite is now booting, although the system disk image I had created and transferred to the Alpha is not of the node clustered, so I have more work to do. The satellite node has it's own system disk currently, which is booting, so it would make sense to get that configuration correct, then go through the pain of transferring the system disk image (via an intermediary VAX) back to a drive in the Alpha.

As always a learning experience.

Thanks for the help, Mark.