[HECnet] Satellite configuration/NCP crash

Mark Wickens mark at wickensonline.co.uk
Thu Sep 15 10:14:28 PDT 2011

Guys,

I'm following the procedure in the Cluster manual, pp10-9, to configure a VAX satellite from an alpha boot node, and I'm getting a system crash.

My question is whether I need to run this procedure with the Alpha in standalone mode, or whether this is a situation requiring a patch, or whether I can get away with something different.

This is the first part of the procedure to enable the MOP server.
The second part is to configure the MOP service for the VAX satellite.

The Alpha is running OpenVMS 8.3

Thanks for the help, Mark.

The log is:

$$ mcr ncp
NCP>define circuit ewa-0 service enabled state on
NCP>set circuit ewa-0 state off

%%%%%%%%%%%   OPCOM   15-SEP-2011 10:03:37.64   %%%%%%%%%%%
Message from user DECNET on SLAVE
DECnet event 4.7, circuit down, circuit fault