[HECnet] Alternatives to bridge when running via a dynamic IP address

Mark Wickens mark at wickensonline.co.uk
Thu Sep 15 21:53:57 PDT 2011

Guys,

Might as well explore this as an option.

The 3G network enabled Vigor 2800 router that I will be using at the DEC Legacy event appears to be working reasonably well, but unsurprisingly there does appear to be some fluctuation in the IP address.

This means that an alternative to Johnny's bridge program might be called for. I have a dynamic DNS reference set up and now updating periodically,
hecnet.no-ip.org, the question is what can I use as an alternative to the bridge program which will cope with IP address changes?

I seem to remember Multinet tunnels being mentioned in the past, do they support dnydns, or any other technology?

Thanks for the help,

Mark.