[HECnet] CHIMPY's died

Dan B dibi58 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 11 23:10:50 PDT 2011

try leaving it alone, unplugged for a week, it may not work in your
case but who knows
it happened to me only once in life, but I had a dead machine
resurrecting by itself a week later
without doing absolutely nothing, I still don't know what happened
that box worked for twenty years "after" the problem

Also on a VAX, I had a dead machine that started working again
but this one had lights, just needed to recharge something
before it would start running tests again
this box had been unplugged for too many years
sometimes a bad battery pack does also some strange things

cheers
:)