[HECnet] New network card in the Alpha, how do I reconfigureDECNET?

hvlems at zonnet.nl hvlems at zonnet.nl
Wed Sep 7 15:14:48 PDT 2011

Mark,
Since my phone only allows topposting I've deleted the original text. Your question was how decnet devices get their names.
The   letters indicate the controller, they tell you what hardware is in use. So UNA indicates a DEUNA and ESA an on board controller for a microVAX. After the hyphen follows the controller number, the first interface is nr 0.
VMS device names differ: two ethernet controllers may be called EWA0: and EWB0: in VMS and be known in NCP as EWA-0 and EWA-1.
The name for the circuit is the same for the line (AFAIK).
Serial interfaces (for DDCMP) or CI interfaces follow different rules.
Hans
Verzonden vanaf mijn draadloze BlackBerry  -toestel