[HECnet] Multinet Tunnel Connections to SG1::

Marc Chametzky marc at bluevine.net
Fri Apr 13 19:58:21 PDT 2012

In addition,   the nodes in the 19.3xx range are still missing.
I'm having trouble getting my firewall to establish the UDP "connection".

It insists on randomizing the source port. Unfortunately, MultiNet requires that both the source and destination port for the UDP packets be 700. So, my attempts are trying to come through with a bogus source port number, and the firewall locks onto that bogus number.

I'm hoping that once I see a packet from your side coming to my port 700, it'll treat the number as the destination port and lock it down and then I can bring the circuit up. So, I'll keep an eye on my firewall for incoming packets from you and as soon as I see the firewall have some better knowledge about the "connection", I'll re-enable the circuit.

--Marc