[HECnet] GRE tunnel working!

Johnny Billquist bqt at softjar.se
Mon Apr 30 20:29:16 PDT 2012

On 2012-04-30 21:19, Dave McGuire wrote:
On 04/30/2012 02:57 PM, Johnny Billquist wrote:
      Yes!   Also, is there a "master" node list anywhere?

Node list, as in which nodes exist? Not really, the closest is the
nodename database on MIM. While noone is required, or forced to tell me,
I gently ask that people submit nodenames and numbers to me, and I keep
MIM up to date. People can then copy the nodenames from MIM.

    Ok.   I will forward my current list along in a moment.

Please do. :-)

I also have the nodename database in a Datatrieve-11 database.

    Oh that's cool. :-)

I even have automated populating the DECnet permanent nodename database on MIM from the Datatrieve database. So when I get updates, I just insert them into Datatrieve, and then kick off the updating process.

It seems
there might be some incompatibilities between DTR-11 and DTR-32, so I'm
not sure if you can manage access from a VMS box (or anything else).
Remote DTR access works fine from another RSX box atleast.

    Hmm ok.   Do you know if the RSX distribution of DTR-11 run under
RSTS/E's RSX RTS?   I don't have an operational RSX-11 system here. (yet)

I very much doubt it would work. DTR is playing some pretty low level tricks, including having multiple tasks and interprocess communication under RSX.
And unfortunately I don't have any leads to DTR-11 for RSTS/E. I assume it did exist?

If you need the data in some specific format, I can probably produce
that for you.

    Oh ok, thank you.   I'd love to have it just as a text file that I can
massage into my various machines here.   One line per entry would be best
for me.   Is that doable on your end without any trouble?

Might already have that (more or less).
MIM::US:[DECNET]FIX.CMD have all the nodes except MIM herself. One per line, in a format that is usable for NCP (or CFE in RSX).