[HECnet] GRE tunnel working!

Peter Lothberg roll at Stupi.SE
Sat Apr 28 21:40:15 PDT 2012

On 04/28/2012 02:57 PM, Kari UusimC$ki wrote:
I have also the 11.x IOS manual. I have to check there if GRE is
mentioned with DECnet.

But if someone knows the answer, please tell.

  GRE doesn't need to specifically support DECnet; it should happily
tunnel anything.   All you need to do is set "decnet cost <n>" on your
tunnel interface.
                      -Dave

GRE tunnels use the ethertype to indicate the protocol being
encapsulated. In the case of DECnet routing on C the tunnel is treated
as Ethernet between two routers. Unfortenly the RFC's are a mess, the
"mobile world" showed up to help..

You can also use l2tpv3 and make a ethernet bridge like Johnny's.
(but, use the router...)

(Xconnect the two ethernet port you want to bridge between..)

-P