[HECnet] Area 61 node list

Johnny Billquist bqt at softjar.se
Mon Apr 30 20:54:14 PDT 2012

On 2012-04-30 21:38, Dave McGuire wrote:

Here is my current node list. AXPEE is up 24/7. Last night I
finished unloaded a truck full of stuff from my old house, including
lots of VAXen, so there will likely be some more coming up soon.

Node Name System
61.1 GW Cisco 7206VXR, IOS 12.3
61.2 AXPEE DS10L, 466MHz, 1GB, 120GB, VMS 8.3
61.3 EBOLA VAX 4000/700A, 128MB, 4GB, VMS 7.3
61.4 MECCA PDP-11/53, RSTS/E v10.1
61.5 FANG PDP-11/70, RSTS/E v10.1
61.50 RA Linux

Gothca.
Another file you might want to look at, if you prefer, would be
MIM::US:[DECNET]NODENAMES.DAT. The format should be obvious if you check
either that, or FIX.CMD

By the way, I hope you know that VMS can copy the nodename database directly from another machine without you having to hack files on your own, if that is the reason why you asked for a file...

Assuming you are running Phase IV, just do:
"MCR NCP COPY KNOWN NODES FROM MIM TO BOTH"
and you are set.

replace MIM with 1.13, if you don't have MIM in your database already.