[HECnet] Area 44 status

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Tue Apr 10 20:04:09 PDT 2012

On 04/10/2012 03:01 PM, H Vlems wrote:
Well that explains a lot. Mains power in the Netherlands costs around 23
eurocents per kWhr, that's about US$ 0.32 per kWhr (I'm not to sure what the
Euro is worth these days).

  Here it is about $0.10/kWh.   That is a commercial rate because I'm in
a commercial building with a three-phase feed.   The residential rate in
this part of the country runs a bit higher.

Last year my house(hold) used 5400 kWhr, having two teenage daughters who
can't close a door behind them nor turn a light off doesn't help either :-)

  My financee' does the same thing. :-)

Two years ago with more equipment turned on we (well my hobby :) used nearly
8000 kWh. So we're doing a lot better now. STill no reason to run heavy iron
like AS1200's or a DS20E.

  They do have a nice "aura" though.

The emulated area router for area 44 is nice though! At least I can see 'my'
area in the list on hecnet.eu..

  Very nice!!   I am very excited about getting connected.   I just need a
little more time and I'll be there.