[HECnet] building simh

H Vlems hvlems at zonnet.nl
Tue Apr 10 19:38:50 PDT 2012

Dave,
the -l switch is clear. The static and dynamic libraries are still vague.
Is the behaviour of a dynamic library similar to what VMS does when you link
an object file to one of the RTL libraries? Which means it gets linked to an
entry point and you can upgrade the RTL and the executable will keep working
(provided the entry point is still there)?

A static library's behaviour is like linking with object libraries where
part of the library is copied into the resulting .exe file?

Hans