[HECnet] building simh

Sampsa Laine sampsa at mac.com
Sun Apr 8 10:37:19 PDT 2012

OK,

I know I'm not really answering your question but have you tried installing it through an rpm?

I found one here:  http://rpm.pbone.net/index.php3/stat/4/idpl/17350842/dir/fedora_16/com/simh-3.8.1-6.fc14.x86_64.rpm.html

Sampsa

On 8 Apr 2012, at 12:26, hvlems at zonnet.nl wrote:
Well, this isn't a linux forum but perhaps one of you solved this problem.
I have an Asus Eee PC 900, and it Tnow) has Fedora 14 installed.
It runs the bridge program and I want to run simh on this box since it is cheap on mains power. Its battery is shot which is why my ex gave it to me.
I have libpcap installed and used 'make USE_NETWORK'=1' to build simh.
Which fails because it cannot locate
/usr/local/llib/libpcap.a
There is a libpcap.so, in /usr/lib
Am I running an old version of linux, or made an error installing libcap?
Han