[HECnet] Alpha emulation

Sampsa Laine sampsa at mac.com
Thu Apr 5 08:19:15 PDT 2012

I told the guy that as we are both a) not exactly flush with cash and b) quite attached to actual hardware, they're unlikely to get much cash out of us.

However, from the get go he seems to approach this from a charity / marketing opportunity (I for one would stick a banner + link on the CHIMPY page as a part of the deal quite happily). Also, look at it this way: If he can sell it more or less at cost (i.e. USB dongle + shipping), he doesn't LOSE anything - we were never going to pay 6 kilodollars for an emu when hardware costs 200.

Sampsa