[HECnet] Alpha emulation

Sampsa Laine sampsa at mac.com
Wed Apr 4 22:21:32 PDT 2012

Guys,

I've just been talking to the guys who make the FreeAXP product about possible hobbyist pricing for their DS10 and other commercial products - they seemed to like what we're doing with HECnet and asked what I thought was a fair price for a DS10 emulator, so I figured I'd ask here.

Basically, I think we can get a better deal if a bunch of us buy a copy. Their list price for the DS10 version is USD 6,000 which of course is crazy as we can get a lot of hardware for that kind of money.

So I guess my questions are these:

1. How many of you are interested in a commercial Alpha emulator at hobbyist pricing?
2. What are we willing to pay for say an emulated DS10?

Sampsa

PS: The chap mentioned that hecnet.eu has been down for a while (so he's clearly aware of us) - any ideas when/if it's coming back up?