[HECnet] 'rexec' or 'ssh <command>' over DECNET

Sampsa Laine sampsa at mac.com
Wed Aug 15 10:11:01 PDT 2012

On 15 Aug 2012, at 12:05, Johnny Billquist wrote:
Not sure that a batch submission is that much different from your network connection though. Neither is really similar to an ssh session, unless I'm missing something.

Long story short, the log pulling is initiated from a Unix box over SSH to a VMS box, which asks the nodes to export the logs and then copy them over.

Once this is complete, the Unix box SCPs the exported logs over.

This way I am sure the log export has finished before initiating the SCP.

Sampsa