[HECnet] Bridge down??

Pontus pontus at update.uu.se
Mon Aug 13 21:40:59 PDT 2012

Now, I wish that were true, I could sure use some relaxing burning and pillaging right now.

Some time ago, psilo (the bridge) broke down and we replaced the motherboard/CPU/Memory with whatever we had lying around. The motherboard had issues and finally broke down last week. We bought a brand new combo just to find that the new motherboard BIOS wasn't compatible with the specific version of Ivy Bridge CPU we got. And all stores had closed.

So today we finally got a new motherboard to match the new CPU and we are back.

Remember we are running this out of a closet waiting for the computer room to be fixed. And we can finally get out of, erm, the closet.

We are hoping to get things in proper order then, like a failover for the mailing list.

cheers,
Pontus.