[HECnet] Is area 9 used?

Gregg Levine gregg.drwho8 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 6 00:17:42 PDT 2012

On Sun, Aug 5, 2012 at 7:08 PM, Johnny Billquist <bqt at softjar.se> wrote:
On 2012-08-05 23:04, Peter Lothberg wrote:

Is area 9 free?

I might grab that for some testing purposes if nobody minds.

(Basically MULTINET point to point over tun/tap from the S/390 to the
host, host on my main area 8, S/390 on 9. S/390 has no concept of an
ethernet card..)

Sampsa

NCP>tell stupi:: show areA 9

23:01:12               NCP
                                Request # 215 Accepted

23:01:13               NCP

Request # 215; Show Area Summary Completed, Unrecognized component,
Entity = Area

And there are no nodenames defined in area 9, I think it's safe to
use, knock yourself out! (Johnny might have a special use in mind...)

Nope, I have nothing marked for area 9. Curious what putting a S/390 in its
own area gains you (sampsa), though, except potential problems... :-)

              Johnny

Hello!
Let's just say there is a lot of strange noise hanging over his flat.

-----
Gregg C Levine gregg.drwho8 at gmail.com