[HECnet] Managed to get an emulated S/390 with MVS up - any way we can get this beast onto HECnet?

Fred fcoffey at misernet.net
Sat Aug 4 14:14:29 PDT 2012

On Sat, 4 Aug 2012, Sampsa Laine wrote:

For various reasons to do with my general mental stability etc, I decided to learn about IBM mainframes, so got one running..

Hi Sampsa,

Are you running Turnkey?

I have VM/370 (well, 380 actually) and MVS/380 running here.   I play with it occasionally.   I also run MUSIC/SP on a Windows XP VM I have (cause it's the only way I can get TCP/IP working with MUSIC since it's not supported from what I can tell on Hercules).   I'd like to get them interfaced to mail (I remember using PROFS (which I know is licensed) at a former job) or actually do *something* remotely useful with it ... :)

Let me know if you make any headway.

Fred