INFO.TXT, was Re: [HECnet] UPDATE: HECNET.HLP file for VMS systems

Johnny Billquist bqt at softjar.se
Mon Dec 31 05:05:53 PST 2012

On 2012-12-31 08:08, sampsa at mac.com wrote:
Funny thing about LEGATO's INFO.TXT - my parser looks for the .BEGIN-HECNET-INFO tag and deletes all text after that.

I should probably make a manual HLP file for LEGATO, Bob you OK with that?

LEGATO's INFO.TXT have real yucky file attributes and a real yucky file format. :-)
(What on earth was used to produce it???)

Directory LEGATO::SYS$SPECIFIC:[FAL$SERVER]
31-DEC-12 13:59:07

INFO.TXT;1
                                              Size:   8./35.                     Created: 08-JUL-10 10:54:52
                                              Owner: [000376,000373]                   Revised: 27-DEC-12 19:24:34(6.)
                                                                                              Expires: <none_specified>
  File protection:           System:RE, Owner:RE, Group:RE, World:RE
  File organization:       Sequential
  File attributes:           Allocation=0
  Record format:               Stream-CR, no maximum defined
  Record attributes:       Carriage return

What does it mean if you have stream-CR and attribute Carriage Return? I mean, yes, each record is separated by a CR, and then what? Add an additional CR at the end of each line?

Also, if I pull the file down to MIM, it gets really strange. Dumping the file, there aren't a single CR in the file. Each line is terminated by a LF, so it looks really Unixy.

Not sure if something mangled the file during the transfer maybe, or does it look that way on a VMS system too?

	Johnny

sampsa