[HECnet] UPDATE: HECNET.HLP file for VMS systems

Johnny Billquist bqt at softjar.se
Sat Dec 29 07:27:24 PST 2012

On 2012-12-29 16:18, sampsa at mac.com wrote:

On 29 Dec 2012, at 17:17, Johnny Billquist <bqt at softjar.se> wrote:

Feel free to pull from MIM if you want to.

Help files under RSX looks the same way as under VMS, by the way, even if the actual program that reads them is a bit more stupid.

But I feel that this information is a bit too dynamic to really match how help files are set up. A separate tool, which can pull the information in real time would make more sense, I think.

	Johnny

Well there's the Info Search on RHESUS, but that's a web service.

This actually can be made to be a cron job that runs every so often and uploads a new file to RHESUS::, it's fully automated.

"cron" job? Do you have a Unix system there? :-)

Anyway, a command line tool with a somewhat similar interface to HELP was more along the lines of my thinking. But sure, you could also have a job that regularly pulls down data and recreates your databases.